(Please be sure to read the entire listing before purchasing.)
The Hopebroidery Box is a monthly subscription box for hand embroidery; subscribers to the mini, digital-only version Hopebroidery Box receive that month's pattern along with a full-length, stitch-by-stitch video tutorial.
This listing is for the mini, digital-only version of the February 2022 Hopebroidery Box. By purchasing this pattern, you will NOT be receiving any physical products - you will ONLY be receiving the digital portion of this kit. Click here if you're more interested in purchasing this pattern as part of the full, physical kit. Please note: if you've purchased the physical kit, you do NOT need to purchase this pattern - the pattern comes with your kit!
What do you get?
This pattern includes six total pages:
- On page one, you'll find the link to this pattern's video tutorial, as well as general information about the Hopebroidery Box. This is the document I send to subscribers each month, and so I include information on the pattern itself as well as the supplies provided in the full box.
- On page two, you'll find more information about the Hopebroidery Box. Again, this is the document I send to subscribers each month; you can absolutely ignore much of the information on this page if you're not a subscriber!
- On page three, you'll find the first page of your actual pattern. This first page includes the pattern for transfer, reference image, and a color guide with both Sublime Stitching and DMC color codes. This page is ready to be printed onto a normal sheet of printer paper (8.5" x 11"), and the pattern for transfer is sized for a four inch embroidery hoop.
- On page four, you'll find the stitch guide for the"flowers" portion of your pattern. You do not need to print this off, as I take you through these steps in the accompanying video tutorial.
- On page five, you'll find the stitch guide for the "butterflies and embellishments" portion of your pattern. Again, you do not need to print this off, as I take you through these steps in the video tutorial.
- On page six, you'll find your video tutorial timeline. The video tutorial for this pattern is around two and a half hours long. This month, I've addded the video tutorial timeline to help you navigate through the video itself (for example, if you've been stitching with me for a while and feel like you can skip the "pre-stitching tutorials," this timeline will help you with that!).
What size hoop will you need?
When you print this pattern onto a standard 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper, the pattern for transfer will print out sized for a 4" embroidery hoop.
Want it to be bigger or smaller? You should be able to enlarge the image to fit any size hoop using the PDF reader on your computer or tablet - to do that you'll need to use Google (for example, when I type in "preview mac enlarge image," I was able to find a handy step-by-step guide for doing this on my computer).
What floss colors and fabric will you need?
If you're hoping to recreate this with the colors I provided in the physical kit, you'll need to have Sublime Stitching 012, 503, 014, 206, and 100 on hand. Alternatively, you may have DMC 726, 3848, 918, 3340, and B5200 on hand (the DMC colors listed here are close approximations to the Sublime Stitching colors used in this pattern, but may not be an exact match). However, feel free to use whatever brand or color of floss you have access to!
I stitched the sample hoop using a deep blue linen fabric from a craft store, but you can use whatever fabric you like!
What else do you need to know?
As I mentioned above, this is not just a pattern - it also comes with a link to a full-length, stitch-by-stitch video tutorial. I take you through every step of the process, from threading your needle, to stitching, all the way to finishing off your hoop.
In the video, I demonstrate how to use a white water-erasable pen to transfer your design to fabric using the "window method" for transferring designs. That said, there are various ways of transferring a design; I've written a blog post outlining some of these options, which you can read here.
This pattern is for personal use only, which means that you cannot send the pattern to a friend or sell the finished piece. Of course, it's absolutely okay if you want to give the final product as a gift!
That said, I absolutely love to see what you make with my patterns and kits! You'll find information in the pattern and video on how to best share your work with me, even if you would prefer not to share it on public social accounts!
You'll receive a link to download your digital product in the Thank You page after you checkout, along with an emailed link that will last for 30 days.
The Hopebroidery Box - February 2022! (Floral Sampler Embroidery Pattern)
Unfortunately, due to the digital nature of this product, I am unable to provide returns or refunds.